Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Living without your phone: It's not bad

My work phone unexpectedly cut out earlier this week. I'd pick up the phone to hear absolutely nothing on the other end.

Getting a human on the phone at AT&T was a bit of a chore, but I finally managed to do it, and a technician was on his way.

Funny thing, though; I didn't really miss my phone much.

Sure, I'd check in with my home phone to see if anyone left me a message on voicemail. Wouldn't want to miss all those editors calling in with lucrative assignments! But not having the phone ringing allowed me to really concentrate on pounding out the content stories. In fact, I wrote 16 content stories yesterday, and five pages in the graphic-novel script that I'm working on. I also had time to apply to three other writing jobs.

I don't know if I would have been as productive if that phone had been working.

By the way, the technician showed up at my house and only had to open our AT&T box outside to get the phone working again. Seriously. He didn't have to touch a button or turn a screw. He had no explanation for it, other than saying that maybe when he opened the box something inside it fell out and stopped my phone from fritzing out.

Personally, I don't care. I'm just glad that AT&T didn't charge me anything for repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment