Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Giving HubPages a shot

There seem to be an ever-growing number of content sites out there for writers who want to make a little money.

The emphasis on that last sentence, by the way, should fall on the word "little." So far, I've made enough money on content sites to buy a few fast-food meals. It's a bit depressing.

But I am soldiering on. I've tried Examiner.com, Suite 101, Demand Studios, Associated Content, Today.com, b5 Media and ContentQuake. I've stuck with Examiner.com (though I'm wavering these days), ContentQuake and Suite 101. The others I've fled. They just weren't the right fit for me. I've also created five niche blogs of my own so far, with plans to create more. I've equipped them with AdSense and, in about two-and-a-half weeks, I've made $4.40 in click revenue. See? That's a fast-food meal right there!

I'm now ready to give HubPages a try. I didn't know much about this service until I signed up yesterday. The sign-up process was a snap. Now I'm able to create a HubPage of my own, basically a long story on any topic of your choice, complete with photos, videos, links to other sites, anything you find important.

This is a bit of a departure from most content sites and blog networks. You can create as many HubPages as you'd like.

The income potential doesn't look great at first glance, though. You make money by equipping your HubPages with Adsense and Amazon Affiliates. I already know that neither of these systems is the key to riches.

But who knows? Maybe more traffic flocks to HubPages. Maybe this traffic is more apt to click on a Google ad.

All I know is, it's one more content site to give a whirl. So that's what I'm doing. I'll report back on my progress once I get four or five HubPages up and running.

Besides, it can't be as bad as writing for Associated Content, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment