Thursday, May 7, 2009

Accepted by Blogsvertise. Does this really make me a hack?

It's hard not to write online these days and not feel like a hack.

I mean, I know I'm contributing to the crap that's clogging the Internet every time I write a story for Suite 101 on how you can save on your auto insurance.

But last week, I signed up for Blogsvertise. Now I'm not just a hack. I'm evil.

You might not know what this is. Basically, companies, operating through Blogsvertise, pay you varying rates to write about their products or services on your blog. You're supposed to be honest and do it in a subtle way. But still, it's pretty scummy, right?

But ... I am interested to see if I can squeeze a few bucks out of the service. I'll save my integrity for when I'm working on print-magazine stories.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on whether the good people at Blogsvertise even want me to write about any of their products.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, there! May I know how it went/it's going with Blogsvertise for you? I only started recently, but I find their blog post approval process sketchy.

    Thanks!
    Mariel

    ReplyDelete