Monday, May 11, 2009

Adios to Examiner.com

I've had a love/hate relationship with Examiner.com.

Strike that. I've had a hate/hate relationship with Examiner.com. And it's time to cut the chord.

Yes, I'm done with Examiner.com.

This may seem a bit schizophrenic. It was just last month that I applied for and received my second Examiner.com site. That gave me a site devoted to telemarketing and another devoted to residential real estate, both topics that I know well.

Problem is, my page views have been going down steadily. This has happened even though I've forced myself to jam references to "swine flu" into my posts.

During the last week, I've averaged 4 page views a day for each site. That means a grand total of 8 cents a day from Examiner. I'm sorry, but 40 cents a week just isn't cutting it. To make a good hourly rate, I'd have to write my Examiner stories in less than a second, right? That's a tough thing to do.

So it's time to pull the plug on this particular piece of content-mill work.

Besides, the overall quality of posts on Examiner.com is a bit embarrassing. I'm not sure I want my name associated with it any longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment