Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Follow-up: I did get a bit more money

Yesterday I wrote about asking a content-writing client for a bit more money to write three stories that I felt would take more research than usual.

Well, after a brief e-mail exchange, I will be getting some extra money for the stories.

I didn't get everything I asked for. Basically, we agreed to split the difference: I'll get extra money on the stories, but only half of what I originally asked for.

That's fine. There's always room for compromise, even in the speed-and-volume-at-all-costs world of content writing.

The lesson here, then, is an obvious one. Don't be afraid to ask your content-writing clients for a little extra every once in a while. Sure, most times they'll probably beg off. But you may get lucky. In this economy, every little bit of extra money helps.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the extra loot. There's hope for us yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gabriel. The extra loot, unfortunately, isn't much. But it is something. Some days, "something" is all that you want, right?

    Dan

    ReplyDelete