Monday, June 8, 2009

How much can you say about one island?

Sometimes this content writing thing gets a bit ridiculous. I've been hired to write a series of short, easy-to-write posts for a client who obviously runs a travel site devoted to Maui.

I know this because I've now written 50 blog posts about Maui for this client.

That's right, 50.

I didn't know there was so much I could say about Maui. I think I've covered every major, minor and shouldn't-be attraction on the island. I've written about every sport you can play on Maui, every scenic road you can take, every beach you can get sunburned on.

I think I've used the words "amazing scenery" or "stunning scenery" so much, the "s," "a" and "z" keys on my keyboard have worn down.

Still, I can't complain too much. The work from this client is steady. And he pays well and on time.

I just wish he'd build a site for one of the other islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment